- on the windowsill in my bathroom sits one penny and one dime. I smile. Why? B/c Gracie put those there one day while trying to use the 'big girl potty' and proclaimed 'Mine!' They remain there to this day.
- the sight of my son holding his own bottle makes me smile. I love little fingers and the fact that is he is here, relatively healthy, is a true miracle.
- having a very helpful husband who not only changes diapers, dresses the kids, and packs their diaper bag but also loads them into the car every single morning.
- upon unloading the kids at daycare, I see a tiny line across my back window where the dirt has left a 'ring'. You see, my window only rolls down half way and every single morning I have to roll the window down so she can tell daddy 'bye bye see you later' and get one last touch of his hand. Precious.
- seeing my daughter walk proudly into school, plop down on a chair and proceed to eat her 'poptar' (pop tart). She's growing up way too fast and I'm reminded to cherish every second. I hated to leave them today.
- scratching one Doctor off the list of Specialists my son sees after yesterday's follow up appt.
- getting out of the car at work and noticing a little blue paci. smiles.
- walking in my office every day seeing a painting my little man painted at school with his feet.
- arriving at work and being thankful that I have a secure job and work at a stable company.
- thankful for the people that I work with and around and I know that any of them would be there if I needed them.
And what is to come....
I know that when I walk in my children's classes this afternoon they will be happy to see me- one comes running for my open arms yelling "Mommy!" and the other leaps forward from whoever lap he is on (yes, they hold him most of the time) with open arms. What a blessing and what a gift.
You see, it is all about the little things.....
(PS--ignore the pink blanket on said son, it was all I could grab when he was tired and not feeling well....little things.)