Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thrifty Thursday---My Recent Finds

I am joining Leigh's Thrifty Thursday party over at Bloggeritaville
Be sure to go over there and check out all the other thrifty finds and get prepared to be inspired.

My finds are before they are redone, but they are from a few recent thrift trips.
The candles were found on clearance at Kmart for $1 each.  It's hard to see, but they are sitting on a burlap placemat, found at Publix for $1.19.  (These got redone this weekend so be sure to check back to see the final prouct.)
These candle sticks were picked up at His House (like Salvation Army for those who may not have them in your area) and were .25 each!  (These, too, have been redone and placed on my mantel that also got a makeover---post coming soon)
This arrangement was found at Steinmart.  It was previously a display so they had it marked $3!
You can't beat that for some Spring flowers, and a very nice basket (that looks like Longaberger).
Now, here is my BIG find.
I found this 'TV cart' at His House and the sticker said $10!
I almost squealed with excitement!
Can you stand it?!!?
It is in the midst of getting redone.  It has taken me longer than expected b/c that joker can soak up some paint (and yes, I did prime it first) and the sides have so much detail. 
I am hoping to get it finished before Mother's Day so I can use it for our family brunch.  Can you guess what this will be?

That is it for now.  Sorry to jumble several finds in one, but they are recent or current projects and future posts!
Thanks for stopping in and as always, I LURVE comments.  ADORE.

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hey girl! You got some great deals! My fav is that lil tv cart with such character! Well done! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
Leigh, Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

What great finds! I am loving the table, I need to find something just like that....we are in SC too:) Love it here!~

Jenn said...

Thanks for stopping my by blog today and commenting on my stripes. The 9 hours of my life did not include the time it took for paint to dry :) So technically, it took me about 2 weekends to finish. 2 weeks in which no one was allowed in my entry hall. PS - I want to find a cart like yours!