Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary to my Husband!

On October 20, 2003 at 4:00 PM hubby and I were married.
It was a day I will never forget. The day I married my soul mate. The day I finally became happy and complete. And incase anyone is interested, here is the story of how it all happened.

We had a cruise planned long before we decided to get married.
The closer the vacation came, the more we were 'tossing' (half joking) the idea of getting married on the cruise, in the Bahamas. Then, we started to get serious and looked into getting married on the beach there. That got to be too complicated, so we decided that the beach in Charleston, SC was just fine. All we wanted was us, and our toes in the sand. Afterall, the cruise ship was leaving from that port anyway, so 'why not?' We hired Mobile Marriage, a photographer (Sorry forget who it was), and found a quaint spot on the beach for our special day.





Oh wait....did I mention we eloped!? We did!
We had secretly planned this special day without anyone else knowing (except another couple who happened to be going on the cruise with us).
We planned a 'reception' (aka party) for several weeks after we got back and were sending out invites to that before we left. And 'before' I mean RIGHT before. You see, we got married in front of the lighthouse on Sullivan's Island and several months before the cruise/wedding, we went to take pictures of the lighthouse (b/c we were going to print it on the invites). As we were leaving the beach, my wonderful husband got down on one knee and officially proposed, with a ring and all! (we had been saving money for the cruise and to buy a house so we had only planned on wedding bands)
So, we printed the invites, which turned out to be 'guess what we did!' announcements as well and stuck them in the mailbox before we boarded the ship. The front said 'On October 20th, 2003....' and the inside said 'We got married!' then went on to include the party details.
We imagine the phone lines were BURNING up about two days later. Sure enough, when we got back on land and turned on our cell phones, we had several messages.
Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, soul mate, and amazing father of my kids!

Thanks for letting us share,
The Anderson's
Est. 2003

3 comments:

ChesterAndDonkey said...

Love your pictures ... especially the one where you're walking together! I think eloping is the way to go. I mean, I love wedding planning but I also think its too cool that you could send out invites that said "hey, guess what - we're already married!" Congrats on your wonderful marriage and here's to many, many more!

ChesterAndDonkey said...

LOL - um, let me rephrase. Here's to many more years ... not marriages! :)

Lysana said...

That's awesome, Reid. Thanks for sharing! :)