Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Beachy Centerpiece

I am joining the Beach Party at The Shabby Chic Cottage today. I don't have alot to post because my house isn't really beachy although I REALLY wish it was but this is something I whipped up the other day before company came into town. We were headed on the lake for a sunset 'dinner' more like appetizers cruise and sightings of Purple Martin birds (another post coming about that, and pictures so be sure to come back).
So, this is what I whipped up basically for nothing.
I had the middle container-a large Margarita glass and it had these shells already in it, in my cabinet. The shells were from a beach trip several years ago but since my house isn't really 'beachy' they've been stored. *sigh*.
The other two containers are leftover, washed, and 'delabled' spaghetti sauce jars! Yup, you heard that right! I am a NUT for containers of any sort and hate throwing them out, so when I made some spaghetti the other day, I thought...hmmmmm.
I filled them with more shells from various beach trips (I'm also a nut, and separate the shells by the trips/years we found them. So, from left to right, trips '07, '06, and '09--can't find '08-oops.
The 'raffia' is actually made of plastic and came off of a package of something I bought at HLobby! Add some votives and Viola!


As you can see this is my porch table. We sit out here and enjoy the evenings.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How pretty! Mason jars are the best kind of accessories, you can do so much with them.

Thanks for joining me for some fun in the sun!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Always love the jars!

Marie said...

Hello Reid - love your shell display in the jars! So fabulous.
Btw...the photo of your family on your banner is gorgeous!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Mason jars are great for more than just pickles and jam, aren't they? Thanks for sharing your creation.

Blessings,
Sandi

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Love to find creative people with creative ideas...
And I agree with Marie...your family photo is gorgeous! What a sweet smile and your other little one looks like a porcelain dolly!

Blessings & Aloha!

(finally getting around to some more beach parties...) (mine was incredibly long, so I separated it into 2 beach posts :o)