Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Show us where you live Friday-Master Bedroom

It's that time again. Does anyone else feel like they are on Cribs? I haven't watched it in a while but I sure, especially this week.

It is Show us where you live Friday again hosted by Kelly at Kelly's Korner. You can go visit her blog here. She has an adorable little girl!

This week is Master bedrooms and I am excited. This is one of my favorite rooms in the house but will admit beforehand, is not decorated fully. Just like most rooms of my house, there is little (if any) decor on the walls. I'm working on finding thrift finds for that so more may be coming there.
Off we go.....

This is looking into our bedroom from the den. You saw my den here.

And here is what you see when you walk in.

This is right inside the doorway, to the right. I love having a door that opens onto the porch. On rainy nights we leave it open if is it not unbelievably hot that is. It is so nice.



This is my side of the bed. The dresser my mom bought me when I bought my first house. LOVE that thing. The mirror was my grandmothers. Notice another 'A'. I addicted. Thanks TJMaxx!


This dresser was my grandmothers also. It was part of a set and was originally painted white. I refinished it but will repaint it white one day for my daughter I think. Love the camel lamp--another gift from my mom.



This is the view from that door leading to the porch. I'm not wild about the scrolly stuff in the wood around this inlay but for now, it stays. DO, love the inlay though. Works nicely for the Tv. Now, someone give me ideas how to conceal it. Maybe shutters?

And the couch used to be in our den until kids. Then, I decided I didn't need a white slip covered couch in there, and got leather instead.


Close up of the inlay.



This is a funny picture. Know what this is? Or what the area is known as in our house?

This is the naughty chair! hahaha

I tried to get a close up of the area because when I was taking the pictures for this post, I noticed there are a few little greasy hand prints above the stool. You can kind of see them. Funny.


This is also a view from the porch door, into our bathroom. You saw that here.



Here is a close up of our bed and headboard. Which is one of my favorite things and ideas in our house. We found these two (you can hardly see one for all the pillows) old doors at His House for $10 each. They were both covered in white paint and no door knobs. We stripped them and stained them to match some of our furniture (remember, I like unmatched stuff). I had found the glass knobs several years before and had the brass plates from my first house. And we actually bolted them to the wall and slid the mattress right up to it. Voila!

We talked about putting some kind of moulding at the top (kind of like the mirror to the left) but decided we liked it just like it was and also didn't want more height.

What do you think?


This is the view going into our den.
*Note: notice the two black (mirrored) diagonal pieces? I'm so bad....these pictures were taken all in the same night and midstream I changed out some family photos for the beauties I found at Hobby Lobby last week. Terrible, I say.




And because I am a complete Christmas freak.....I just HAD to include one from this past Christmas...I loved the tree I put in here and loved how it looked at Christmastime.
It is hard to see the details of the tree, but it was done in white with a touch of silver and was mostly white little mittens, ice skates, and icicles.


Hope you enjoyed the tour. Come back any time!
Monday I will be joining Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures because I got some good deals at Good Will the other day. So, if you want to see some good ideas and great style, go on over and see her here and check back Monday because everyone has some great finds and ideas!

19 comments:

ChesterAndDonkey said...

Oh my ... now I'm especially embarrassed by the pictures of my bedroom. Yours looks so nice! I love your headboard :) Thanks for you advice!

Beki said...

You have an amazing eye for decorating, Reidie-poo! You'd probably pass out if you ever came to my ugly (by comparison) house! =)

Jenn said...

I love the bedroom. We have the same color scheme. I never got involved in the rooms each week because I am too slack (doing work, taking care of the baby, cooking, cleaning, etc) to take pics, upload and then put on my blog. Just too much work for me...sigh. Yours are fun to see though :)

The Gilliland Family said...

Love the colors in here and that headboard is awesome! I never thought to decorate the master for Christmas but now I will. Thanks for sharing :) amber

Pamela said...

Love your bedroom! I also love that you have a Christmas tree in there during the holidays! I have to show my hubby so he will stop thinking I am nuts!! I have an all seasons tree in the foyer and he HATES it!

Michelle said...

I love your bedroom....I'm not sure what I like the best. It is all fabulous !

Thanks for sharing !!

Heather said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love the colors and the bedding is so pretty!! great style!! Thanks for sharing!

To The Moon and Back said...

Ok, can I come over at Christmas time. I love the tree! I love that you placed the dresser next to the bed, so unique.

Christa said...

You have a gorgeous bedroom! I love the bedding and the door that goes out to the porch!

Amanda said...

Love your headboard... but REALLY love your christmas bedroom! How fun and romantic! :-)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Very beautiful bedroom!!! That headboard is awesome! And your Christmas decorations are awesome!

tiarastantrums said...

simply GORGEOUS!!
I love the headboard - what a fab idea!!
And a christmas tree in your room - LOVE it - I do that with my kids!!

Kelly said...

Very open...I love it!

Shana said...

Very cute! I love it at Christmas!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Beautiful room, love the french doors. Nice wall color.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous! My faves are the headboard and the christmas tree! I'm the host of Monday's drawing for the 'e' gift certificate from Amazon and I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a caption. I'm checking out the blogs of the participants. I'll be back!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love this room! And that porch off of the french doors is fabulous!

Melissa Stover said...

i love the headboard and the white couch and the french doors!! it's all so beautiful. i bet the christmas tree was so nice to have lit up at night.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Love your room!! Gorgeous bedding, and those French doors....just beautiful!!